Library Liaison Service
This service is provided by Liaison Librarians, Kaitiaki Pukapuka, who have expertise in research, resource management and teaching support.
The Liaison Service actively supports academic staff and post graduate students’ research, teaching and learning and fosters communication between Library and the Divisions.
Liaison Librarians also advise on library services and policies and represent academic needs and interests to the Library, connecting staff to support services available. Find your liaison librarian by clicking on the tabs above.
Information Services Manager
The following documents place our service and practice in the context of the wider University:
What do you think?
Please let us know what you would find useful on this guide.
Support for teaching and learning
Your liaison librarian can:
- assist with information skills instruction within courses
- create online tools to support self-directed learning for undergraduates
- assist with curriculum design to support the development of research skills
- embed library resources and skills into the online learning environment
- foster awareness of new subject resources
- advise on copyright and plagiarism
- support students to increase their data literacy
- support Distance students
- provide advice on library specific services including course research and document delivery
- ensure the library collection remains relevant to teaching needs
Support for research
Your liaison librarian can assist you:
- with one on one research consultations
- with individual or group instruction in the use of research tools
- in the design of effective search strategies for literature reviews
- to locate appropriate print and electronic resources pertinent to your research enquiry
- support with the management of and access to research data
- to set up your current awareness tools
- in creating your research profile
- with citation tracking
- with establishing a presence on OUR archive
- with journal contribution guidelines and other publication information
- with managing your literature search results