Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About this guide
This guide presents key resources for researching topics in Genetics. These include resources available to you through the University Library and those that are freely available on the Internet. If you have any questions about your research or recommendations on how to improve this guide, you can contact me by email or phone (details on the right).
Quick Access to
Postgraduate Information Sessions and Workshops 2020
There are Library sessions and workshops provided specifically for Postgraduate students. For more information and to register go to face-to-face sessions, or Zoom workshops.
Information sessions 10-11am (face to face) and 1-2pm (via Zoom) on the last Wednesday of the month
- 29 Jan, 27 May, 30 Sep - Postgraduate Library Services – An introduction to Library support, recommended resources and services.
- 26 Feb, 24 Jun, 28 Oct - Effective Search Strategies - Learn how to search recommended databases for relevant literature, and manage your results
- 25 Mar, 29 Jul, 25 Nov - The Thesis Guide – For new thesis students, about preparation, copyright compliance, submitting, and depositing.
- 29 Apr, 26 Aug, 9 Dec - Researcher Profiles - Building an online profile to promote your research, and yourself.
Hands-on Workshops 10-11.30am (face to face) and 1-2.30pm (via Zoom) on Tuesdays & Thursdays twice a year
- 28 Apr, 3 Nov - EndNote: Managing your references - A hands-on workshop using EndNote to store, group, edit and annotate references, and cite while you write (basic level).
- 30 Apr, 5 Nov - Research Data Management - Make sense of the complexity around data storage, description, re-use and archiving.
- 5 May, 10 Nov - Getting published - Practical tips for postgraduates. Learn how to develop a publishing strategy and identify the right journals for submission.
- 7 May, 12 Nov - Impact Metrics - Understand tools that explain impact factors and ranking for what to read, and where to publish.
Subject Librarian | Kaitiaki Pukapuka
Library Kaiāwhina are here to support tauira Māori across the University of Otago Libraries. Find out who they are.