Image by solut_rai on Pixabay
Postgraduate Information Sessions and Workshops 2023
There are Library sessions and workshops provided specifically for Postgraduate students. For more information and to register - Zoom workshops.
Information sessions 10-11am (via Zoom)
- Wednesday 26 July - Postgraduate Library Services – An introduction to Library support, recommended resources and services.
- Wednesday 30 August - Effective Search Strategies - Learn how to search recommended databases for relevant literature, and manage your results
- Wednesday 27 September - The Thesis Guide – For new thesis students, about preparation, copyright compliance, submitting, and depositing.
- Wednesday 25 October - Researcher Profiles - Building an online profile to promote your research, and yourself.
Workshops 10-11.30am via Zoom
- Tuesday 22 August - Endnote for PC (Windows): Managing your references - This course is an introduction to Endnote, covering how to set up an Endnote library, export references from the Library databases and generate in-text citations and a bibliography using Word, in a recommended citation style.
- Tuesday 24 August - Endnote for Mac: Managing your references
- Thursday 26 October - Research Data Management - Make sense of the complexity around data storage, description, re-use and archiving.
- Tuesday 31 October - Getting published - Practical tips for postgraduates. Learn how to develop a publishing strategy and identify the right journals for submission.
- Thursday 2 November - Impact Metrics - Understand tools that explain impact factors and ranking for what to read, and where to publish.