Image by solut_rai on Pixabay
Postgraduate Information Sessions and Workshops 2021
There are Library sessions and workshops provided specifically for Postgraduate students. For more information and to register go to face-to-face sessions, or Zoom workshops.
Information sessions 10-11am (face to face) and 1-2pm (via Zoom) on the last Wednesday of the month
- 27 Jan, 26 May, 29 Sep - Postgraduate Library Services – An introduction to Library support, recommended resources and services.
- 24 Feb, 30 Jun, 27 Oct - Effective Search Strategies - Learn how to search recommended databases for relevant literature, and manage your results
- 31 Mar, 8 Jul, 10 Nov - The Thesis Guide – For new thesis students, about preparation, copyright compliance, submitting, and depositing.
- 28 Apr, 25 Aug, 24 Nov - Researcher Profiles - Building an online profile to promote your research, and yourself.
Hands-on Workshops 10-11.30am (face to face) and 1-2.30pm (via Zoom) on Tuesdays & Thursdays twice a year
- 29 Apr, 21 Oct - Research Data Management - Make sense of the complexity around data storage, description, re-use and archiving.
- 4 May, 12 Oct - Getting published - Practical tips for postgraduates. Learn how to develop a publishing strategy and identify the right journals for submission.
- 6 May, 14 Oct - Impact Metrics - Understand tools that explain impact factors and ranking for what to read, and where to publish.
ITS and Library staff offer EndNote: Managing your references - A hands-on workshop using EndNote to store, group, edit and annotate references, and cite while you write (basic level). For PC or Mac bookings check dates here.