Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The RSU can advise on and add value to your research project especially in the areas of discoverability, increasing impact, data management and preservation. We have experience in project management, developing business requirements and use cases, and working with developers, metadata specialists, and third party vendors.
- strategies to make research outputs discoverable in scholarly indices and databases, e.g. Google Scholar
- metadata enrichment to increase discoverability
- emerging modes of scholarly communication and innovative publishing models e.g. open access
- persistent identifiers for tracking research
- strategies for ensuring all research outputs are accessible and citable
- tracking and reporting traditional research metrics e.g. citations
- tracking and reporting alternative metrics (altmetrics)
DATA MANAGEMENT AND PRESERVATION
- research data management plans
- long term preservation of data, data sharing, and data citation
Your Subject Librarian and the Research Support Unit are able to advise and/or assist you. Before completing a Research Support Proposal (see below), please make an appointment to see the Subject Librarian responsible for your discipline, who will assess your project needs.