Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books & Other Formats
There is no special tool to do a comprehensive search for citations of your work in books, your datasets, or other formats. However, you may be able to obtain some citation/review data from:
- Scopus book index (2005-, 2003- for A&H collection) - over 120,000 book titles are indexed
- To search for books only, before your search, select Book or Book Chapter from the Document type box
- Do a Cited Reference search using Document search limited to searching in References to find citations for books, chapters, and non-Scopus indexed journals
- Library Search - Sign In, then search by keyword for your name or title
- Article Databases - e.g. Academic Search Complete, Academic OneFile, ProQuest Central, ERIC, Informit Complete
- Search for your name and titles as keywords/phrase to see who is citing your work
- Limit results to Book or Book Review
- New York Times (ProQuest Historical Newspapers 1851-2013) - includes New York Times Book Review
- Times Literary Supplement
- NZ Listener
- Google Books
- WorldCat or Te Puna (NZ) check which libraries have purchased your book
Subject Guides list additional databases that can help find citations or reviews.
Evidence for Other Formats
Research outputs, other than books, e.g. performances, music, media, exhibitions, can garner evidence related to reception, use and acclaim.
Learn more with this table listing 'other formats', and where to start searching: